Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I been wanting to get an over sized tank for some time now. I have been torn between the IMS clarke battle. I found a used clarke tank on ebay that I could not pass up. Inital fit, awesome, poped right down in place, everthing seems to clear with no rubbing. The top bolt was a little hard to install due to the big tank design. I have heard rumors of tanks, "putting the seat up" But this is not a problem at all, the seat is on as it was the stock tank. Shrouds went right on too, no problems at all. My first impression of this tank is great, now if I can just get my bike started to try it out...... 3 gallon tank on a 2000 cr250

Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
I have the same bike mine is a 01 though. The only reason I went with the IMS is because it held more gas and I need all I can get. My tank is not only ugly it fits like crap, i mean crap!!! IMS should be ashamed of themselves!!!
The first tank leaked all over the place when I put gas in it 2 hrs from home. Nice quailty piece of garbage. Then IMS give me at attitude says the tank cant be leaking, that they check all their tanks. I sent it back and they saw that it was in fact pouring out. Got another one from them but I had to pay the shipping. You have to trim the radiator shrouds real good to get them to fit. The tank goes over the top corners of the shrouds thats why. But LISTEN TO THIS.... When you turn the bars all the way to the right, the forks hit on the tank before the steering stop can touch. And It is a 10 man job to get the shrouds bolted on, its tough! And If you want to pull your top subframe bolt, you have to take all the shroud bolts out and the tank bolts and pry the tank forward to get at the bolt. JUNK, JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!!!!
I will learn to live with it and it did help me this weekend because a lot of guys had to stop for gas and I didnt. But it is still garbage. If I could go back in time i would have stayed with Clarke which I have always used and been happy with.

Top Bottom