Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
This is from a thread in the Thumper forum but I figured it might have some value here in the Products forum. My stock 98 YZ400F tank cracked so I installed a Clarke OEM size tank as a replacement. It cost $165 direct from Clarke with $7.00 for ground shipping and it's a pretty nice piece. Good color match, nice finish, quality brass inserts like OEM. The plastic looks to be a bit thicker in a few key areas (I'll measure it soon and verify). Overall a nice tank for the price. The only negative I saw was poor alingment on the right side shroud mounts, and a slight misalingment on the left shroud. We'll see how it holds up over time but overall I'm satisfied with the purchase.

John.T

Aug 2, 2001
I noticed with an Clarke tank on my 95 YZ the right side shroud didn't line up properly, however it was a fairly nice tank (93-95YZ's) had a tank problem where the bolts stripped out VARY easily and clarke fixed that prob with big oversized tabs in the tank:) however im intrested to know if they actually made your tank thicker

Top Bottom