Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
i use paint thinner because its real cheap at the harware store . i get a oil drain pan and take the silencer apart and let it soak in the pan a little bit . for most part the gunk will come off with little a little scrubing and let dry , repack and put back together . just do outside in a well venilated area , i have never heard of using oven cleaner .

m1a

Oct 20, 2002
If you can live with the noise, and I can, what harm could there be in not re-installing the packing; just let'er come straight out.The back pressure isn't needed for anything is it; I mean to help it run in certain conditions.Seems like the quicker you get the exhaust out the better right?Plus it helps me pretend I'm on a kx-250 with the throttle pinned and still in control LOL.

DeSeRt_KaW

Sep 29, 2003
I use a cleaner called GREASED LIGHTNING, just spray and watch that **** Clean itself, Then wipe it off, Repack the Spark Arrester, and Start your bike to see if its any Quieter.

m1a

Oct 20, 2002
Where I live we don't have riding areas, you just go where-ever you can find a place, mostly forestry owned land by companies and there's probably not more than 20 dirt bikes running in my county anyway.We only shut down for hunting season.

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
you people all call this the "silencer" when it's real name is "spark arrestor" isn't it?

The spark arrestor also, by means of it's packing, keeps hot sparks from blowing out the exhaust..... (that "gunk" you speak of)... this prevents wildfires, which will certainly lead to less riding in that area, unless you like riding through the burnt up wasteland on a very loud bike.

I don't know about you, but I would feel like an ass if were to start a wildfire because I thought it made my bike sound cool.. even though it compromised HP.

Top Bottom