Clip In Carb

1966mustang

Jun 8, 2004
I Have A 2003 Suzuki Rm 85 Stock Carb But Has Billspipes Andother Mods But I Hear Alot Of People Tell Me To Move The Clip In The Carb Where Is It Please Dont Call Me Dub Cuz I Dont Mess With This Stuff Alot.

1966mustang

Jun 8, 2004
Well i found the clip but i have another question where is the number 1 slot the first groove on the bottom or the first groove on the top? thanks please reply quickly.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
1966mustang said:
Well i found the clip but i have another question where is the number 1 slot the first groove on the bottom or the first groove on the top? thanks please reply quickly.

mustang.

Not sure which groove is considered #1 but, I can tell you that if you raise the clip, you lower the needle and it makes the mixture leaner. If you lower the clip it raises the needle and makes it richer. (More gas).

When you move the clip, only do it one groove at a time inorder to see the difference it makes.

Just my $ .02

1966mustang

Jun 8, 2004
OK well the place i got the specs from said the second groove that what i was wondering about. I guess i can try but can anybody tell me which one is the first groove and thanks for the help.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…