RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
K, Guys, I don't want to start up another cell phone contract but I want to call home at night to talk to my family when I am at the spodefest. Where is the nearest payphone to the fest site ?
Thanks,
Raz

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Not Far. About 5 minutes to the nearest gas station, grocery store, or fast food joint. You should be good to go. I had cell phone service at the track...I think. Maybe not, maybe I used a pay phone. I don't remember. :confused:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
You should get cell phone service at the track too - at least Verison and Cingular (Cell One) do for sure. I remember making that call "Mom, I broke my collarbone" sometime last year from there :confused:

But like Timr said - Greenup is a 5 minute drive.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sprint cellular works from the track as well.. not digital though :( ... tried to get a web connection to upload pics from the Spodefest each day... no go. This year we'll hook up from a motel room.

dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000
I've usually got a couple of cell phones with me. Happy to let you call home if you want.
Okie, If we knew somebody willing to lend us a Starband dish for the week, we'd be pretty well set!

Top Bottom