P-Funk

Apr 15, 2008
I live just off the 91 at the Weir Canyon exit and I'm looking for someplace close that I can get to quickly for short moto sessions during the week. I know about Hungry Valley, Barstow, El Mirage, etc. but those are all too far for the weekdays. I have a 3-hour window, while my youngest daughter is in Kindergarten, to get some riding in.
It's in Corona, just South of Lake Mathews. Is it decent? What's the terrain like? I'm a beginner, so I don't need anything in the way of jumps.....yet.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
P-Funk said:
It's in Corona, just South of Lake Mathews. Is it decent? What's the terrain like?
Thanks

P-Funk.

That area is closed and patrolled. There are trails up there but you need to know where to go and especially where not to go. There are several tracks in that area that show on mapquest but they are private test tracks that the factories lease.

If you have a dualsport or a licensed dirtbike, you can ride legally on the West side of the freeway up in the Cleveland National forest. You can access the forest from Bedford Motorway or from Skyline Drive in East Corona.

Perris is only a mx track. No trails. Your best bet would be off the I-15 at hwy 138 like XR250rdr said. Many green sticker trails up there. The Elsinore mx park is a good place for a beginner. No trails but they have a vet/beginner track that is very safe. Low easy jumps.

Watch this forum for future organized rides. We will post upcoming rides here and you are welcome to join us.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
your sig shows an 03 YZ. You might run into some red sticker issues at 138. Usually if you have a spark arrestor and catch the ranger in a good mood they will let you go. Just be aware that they can give you a ticket.

P-Funk

Apr 15, 2008
Ol'89r said:
P-Funk.

That area is closed and patrolled. There are trails up there but you need to know where to go and especially where not to go. There are several tracks in that area that show on mapquest but they are private test tracks that the factories lease.

If you have a dualsport or a licensed dirtbike, you can ride legally on the West side of the freeway up in the Cleveland National forest. You can access the forest from Bedford Motorway or from Skyline Drive in East Corona.

Perris is only a mx track. No trails. Your best bet would be off the I-15 at hwy 138 like XR250rdr said. Many green sticker trails up there. The Elsinore mx park is a good place for a beginner. No trails but they have a vet/beginner track that is very safe. Low easy jumps.

Watch this forum for future organized rides. We will post upcoming rides here and you are welcome to join us.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out the Elsinore track one of these days, and those other places you mentioned.

JWW said:
your sig shows an 03 YZ. You might run into some red sticker issues at 138. Usually if you have a spark arrestor and catch the ranger in a good mood they will let you go. Just be aware that they can give you a ticket.

I'm actually not sure if it's an '02 or '03. It's still in the possession of my buddy (who's selling it to me), but it definitely has a green sticker.

Top Bottom