kdxds

Feb 10, 2008
clutch question

when i put my bike in gear engine off and squeeze the clutch it still will not roll any ideas? or is this normal i thought it was the clutch but i just put a ebc dirt racer kit in and it does the same thing. thanks Dee :bang:

Last edited:

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Providing that your basket is fine I would say normal. Your drive and driven plates are stuck together from the oil. If your engine is running and you pull in the clutch they will separate and the bike will roll.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
kdxds said:
when i put my bike in gear engine off and squeeze the cluch it still will not roll any ideas? or is this normal i thought it was the cluch but i just put a ebc dirt racer kit in and it does the same thing. thanks Dee :bang:

It is normal for your clutch to not completely disengage while your bike is cold. As long as your clutch is not slipping while riding and will keep your bike from stalling when you pull the clutch, then you are golden. BTW, just for future reference it is spelled 'cluTch,' not cluch...

kdxds

Feb 10, 2008
no the clutch doesn't slip at all im just sure if this was normal? all my other bikes would roll and free wheel with the clutch . ya spelling is not my strong point.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
kdxds said:
no the clutch doesn't slip at all im just sure if this was normal? all my other bikes would roll and free wheel with the clutch . ya spelling is not my strong point.

I wasn't trying to humiliate on the spelling, just educate for next time. Most smokers I've had would not roll in gear with the clutch in when the bike was shut off, and I'm not sure why that is the case. I just know that it is very normal.

Mokwepa

Jan 27, 2008
Check that your clutch cable is adjusted correctly. Make sure that there is 5-10mm of play in the cable. Check this distance at the end(ball) of the clutch leaver.

rogercutford

Feb 19, 2008
My Kdx 200 2006 is the same way will not roll when in gear and bike off but i use a thick gear saver oil in mine. plus use it as an advantage you stall on a hill you can get a kick off to crank it agian before rolling down the hill i have done that more than once in the mountains.

Top Bottom