Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
ive read that that clutch action on a 04 rm250 is "grabby" "jumpy"...what do they mean by that? does it not engage immediatly? does it feel like any other clutch but the bike has a big hit?
thanks...

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I would ask the owners of a rm-the mags generally talk of stuff that was a problem a few seasons ago, the newer rms(03 up) are alot better in these areas.

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
The 03' 250's clutch seemed to run "dry", and overheat. We added twice as many lubrication holes to the center hub, and upped the tranny level a little. This seemed to help keep the plates wet with oil.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
is that pretty safe on the bike to make holes in clutch plates and hubs? wish there was a site on how to do that...

joka, didnt you flip your bike end over end the first race?

I just understood that the bike didnt hook up clutch wise as soon as you release it,,but maybe (hopefully) im wrong... I'm going to look at one soon to see if it fits my body good...

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
"joka, didnt you flip your bike end over end the first race?"

yep.. what happened was a guy (2nd place) landed on my right arm in the rhythm (sp) section and the bike went full throttle then shot away from me.. had nothign to do with the clutch :)
the reason i rolled the rhythm is because i wasnt used to the bike (my first ride) and the power, coming off a 125 and it was my first 250..

Top Bottom