phatford92

Jun 9, 2007
Hi there I ride a 97 kx 250 and right now i have fully installed a new wiseco basket and barnett plates and discs the prob im havin is no matter what adjustment on the clutch it still drags any ideas???? :bang: :bang: :bang: :coocoo:

phatford92

Jun 9, 2007
yah unless i rev it up and keep the revs up a bit but when i let off the throttle it wants to creep but the friction plate has lots of clearence to spread the plates and i got 10w30 in it for oil

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Different oils have different characteristics. It's a long shot, but it couldn't hurt to try a different oil. It doesn't really matter what. Try something designed for motorcycles, though.

Have you checked the clutch plates, pressure plate, and inner hub for warpage for warpage? Have you checked the inner hub for notching? These are all things that don't always get replaced with a new clutch and would cause your problems.

phatford92

Jun 9, 2007
nope i actually replaced all the hub pressure plate and basket and all the discs were well within the specs so i will definatly take you're advice and try some motorcycle oil is bell ray a good oil or do you recommend something different

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Bel Ray is fine. I don't really think that will fix any problems, I was just throwing stuff out. I just think of any reason why it is grabbing at low speed and not when you rev it up when all of the parts are new.

phatford92

Jun 9, 2007
well beleive it or not the new bell ray oil supplied by my local dealer seemed to fix the prob but only a little bit it still grabs a bit but definatly not as bad so i guess i will just deal with it for now

Top Bottom