m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
ok, i was changing my oil in my 1999 cr250r. it has a brand new basket and all clutches disk and plates. i also put in a brand new cable. i was trying to adjustments to get it right. i noticed it didnt want to fully dissenage when the bike is running. i drained the oil and, i took off the fill plug for the oil. this alllows me to see the last few disks. some times the 3rd to last will seperate and, sometimes when i was pulling it, it wouldnt. they should all seperate, correct? should i readjust untill they all do?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Slight clutch drag is normal.......especially when the oil is cold. The plates sticking together may be BECAUSE of the oil film. Warm it up real well (riding) and you'll probably notice the clutch working better. Is it cold in the town "I don't know?".........I run thinner oil when about 50* or under.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
lol, yea here in IDK land, yea it is. the 3rd one from the last plate sometimes like i said, the last two dont at all so, ill have to figure that out. ill just play with the adjuments.

Top Bottom