LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Ok, so I'm new to my KX250 and I was wondering... I always have 2 fingers on the clutch at all times, but on jump faces and landings should I take my fingers off the clutch so I have better bar control? I tend to drag the clutch up the jump face a little...

Lee W.

roostinbe

Mar 22, 2001
You should adjust you clutch cable to have a little bit of play. (If you haven't already) Your service manual should tell you how much, or you can just do it to preference. That will allow you to keep your fingers on the clutch at all times.

whyz

~SPONSOR~
Nov 18, 2001
hey LW, I use to use my forefinger and or 2 fingers and was having the same thoughts as you about gripping the bars.After seeing RC using just his middle finger i tried it and it works alot better for me..I use the clutch in the air for back braking sometimes and mostly for downshifting in the air..
But im also still learning too,and practicing alot.
See Ya.:)

MX221

Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by whyz
I use the clutch in the air for back braking sometimes and mostly for downshifting in the air..
But im also still learning too,and practicing alot.
See Ya.:)

You use the clutch to shift? I never seem to find the time;)

Shane

Boozer

Oct 5, 2001
if you grip the bike with your knees on take off, then you don't really need to hold the bar with all of your fingers. i guess it's just a confidence thing. it's a great habbit to learn to keep your fingers on the clutch at all times, and in the air is no exception. like others have said, if you launch with your front wheel too high, then pulling in the clutch and locking the back wheel will bring it down again.
try and make the effort, because it is well worth it in the future, and bad habbits are hard to break.

Top Bottom