filteredsoul

Jan 8, 2002
I have a 1999 Honda CR125 and it needs a new clutch basket. I know the big company is Hinson, but what about the other alternatives? -Vortex, Moose? I've heard that with the Hinson baskets they don't recommend EBC friction plates. Do the others specify any "do not's?" Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I had the complete hinson setup in my '02 YZ 125 great improvement over stock. But the basket alone you won't really feel much of an improvement over stock in lever pull with the basket by its self. When I sold the bike I removed everything and put back in the OEM parts and the clutch felt noticably looser I thought the cable was shot at or way loose at first. I would suggest getting the basket and the pressure plate then you'll get much better wear and and a more positive clutch engagement point. You forgot to mention Preformance egineering I would get thier stuff. I think they make the baskets for moose?

filteredsoul

Jan 8, 2002
Thanks for the info. The reason I need a new basket is because my stocker is really notched. Almost embarrasingly so... does your bike die when you kick it into gear with the clutch lever pulled? Mine just started doing that. I tried a search and didn't really come up with much. It's funny, I used to get TONS of threads to look thru when I would search, but not anymore. Did something change with these forums?

Top Bottom