wood9781

Dec 1, 2009
i just bought a 96 yz250 and needed to put a clutch cable on it. I put it on 3je-26335-00 which it has been superseded to another number. the cable is backed out as far as it can go and i hardly have any clutch. could the clutch cable be no good or how do i tell what else it could be. when i shift gears it shifts good with no slipping.

i dont have much clutch when i pull it in.

i seen this on one of the post..: could this be it...

,.................................................................................
I had the same thing happen to my YZ 250...a 97 model. The cables (factory and motion pro) appear too long.

You can make a spacer to take up slack where the cable connects to the engine on the left side. This works well.

The real cure was to find a 2.5 mm spacer to go on the end of the clutch push rod. This is the real problem. The pushrod is too short. If you go to the clutch diagram here And go to the clutch section on the 98 yz 250, you'll see what I am talking about.

A 2.5 mm thick shim goes into piece 19, then is assembeled normally. The clutch works a lot better now.

I used a valve adjustment shim from the 250f series 4 strokes.

You would actually be better off with worn friction plates. This would let the clutch move more to the center of the bike.
....................................................................................

Top Bottom