Rickster

Aug 21, 2005
I cannot get my clutch to fully disengage. It has new clutch plates /springs. I inspected the clutch basket carefully and there are no notches to speak of. The clutch rod seems to have little wear on the end where it contacts the clutch release button/brg.Clutch free play is set correctly. Is there any way that the clutch arm that the clutch cable is connected to could be bent? It sits at about a 45degree angle towards the rear of the bike. When I disengage the clutch with the clutch lever fully it moves the lever approx 45degees, (towards front of bike).At this point the lever is at a 90degree angle to the case .However the bike will still creep forward in gear and I can hear the rpm drop like the clutch is slipping at idle.Also no neutral when idling but shut engine off and it goes into neutral fine. I`m not familiar with kx125 clutch setup, any help/tips?
Thanks

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Also no neutral when idling but shut engine off and it goes into neutral fine.

I dunno about the rest, but my bike does that when its low on oil. Theres no way I can get it in to neutral when its idleing. I say screw this drop the clutch and stall it, or use the kill swich, and I can get it right in to neutral, so I go home put some oil in it and its all good. (Untill more leaks out).

Top Bottom