01RM250K3

Jun 2, 2007
hi i was just wondering if any other clutch lever from like a YZ, CR, KX or RM will fit a 2001 RM250 because my local store only has ASV levers for my bike and they are way to expensive and thet dont have in stock a MSR or motion pro clutch lever that will fit my bike so will any other make/model fit my bike because aren't all clutch levers pretty much the same?

jdager

Apr 26, 2008
I think as long as they are cable driven and dont have a hot start, they should be the same, the ASV levers seem to be. also, I found some ASV levers on EBAY from the factory that were rebuilds or factory seconds, and got them for cheap, around $60 for the set, and they look like new and work great.
Jim

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The KX levers will work although they have a slightly different reach so you may need to adjust your clutch cable to get the right amount of free play and release point you desire.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Let's get some terminology straight:

The "lever" is a small piece that your fingers wrap around. It has a hinge point and a cable attachment point.

The lever attaches to the "perch" which clamps to the handlbars.

The lever has to match the perch. Most of the cable ends are the same, so you can buy a "universal" perch (with lever) and intall it on almost any bike.

Other than the fit, there are other differences in the levers. Specifically, the material they are made of. The less expensive levers are made of a less expensive material that is brittle, and they break when get an impact. The more expensive levers are made of a material that can bend, so when you drop your bike you end up with a custom bent lever instead of no lever.

Where do you live that has only one store that doesn't carry levers?

I have broken so many levers I have taken to carrying spare levers (both brake and clutch) in my spares box. I recently broke my clutch lever 9 miles into a 20 mile loop of an enduro and had to ride 11 miles without a clutch. After that I did just what jdager said, I bought the ASV "factory seconds" levers. Note that the ASV clutch perch was a "universal", should fit any bike.

Rod

01RM250K3

Jun 2, 2007
well the store i go to has mostly everything in stock but doesnt have any clutch levers except asv, is it just me or is it impossible to find parts aftermarket or oem for an 01' rm250.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
rmc_olderthandirt said:
I have broken so many levers I have taken to carrying spare levers (both brake and clutch) in my spares box. I recently broke my clutch lever 9 miles into a 20 mile loop of an enduro and had to ride 11 miles without a clutch.

I carry an extra one in a fanny pack if I go on a long, tight trail. Riding without a clutch or a front brake on tight trails just stinks, especially on those really steep, rutty and rocky areas up and down creekbeds.

Top Bottom