Clutch not fully disengaging?

winter_rules

Apr 15, 2002
My '96 XR 250 seems to stay slightly in gear when I have the clutch pulled all the way in. I do not notice this when it is running, but when it's shut off and I'm trying to move the bike with it in gear there seems to be some slight resistance. Is this normal? If it is, I appologize...I'm new to bikes. Thanks in advance. *Winter Rules*

gearnut

Apr 13, 2003
I just bought a '98 Yamaha YZ250-does the same thing-took my clutch apart and the clutch basket is heavily grooved causing my plates to stick. I've heard some guys file them down or probably best to just replace the basket.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Gear, I filed down the notches in my 1997 YZ. I ended up replacing the basket with a Hinson, but the filed down basket worked just fine.

Dont forget to touch up the inner hub as well. I took the inner hub to my friends office to fix it. He is a dentist. You should have seen the look from the patients in the office. There I am sitting in the chair. I was using the high speed grinder to do a clutch hub.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
it is normal for a clutch to drag when the bike is not running just make sure its adjusted corectly and unless it bothers you when riding donn't worrie about it ,if it does get the file out or buy hinson

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…