Apr 7, 2008
In april 2008 i bought a 2003 yz125 from this guy.....needless to say i got ripped off. i paid 1600 for it and right away had to put a whole new top end in it, cylinder and all and that cost 800. Then there was dirt in the carb and it was blocking the needle the stops gas from flowing into the carb so it would just run right out the bottom of the bike. so i didnt feel like fixing that so i brought it to a shop and they did it and when i went to get it back they said the clutch didnt work properly. Its my first 2 stroke so i dont know if the clutch is much different from the 4 strokes but i havent noticed anything wrong with it. does anyone have any ideas of what they could be talking about?

P.S. dont ever buy the colored tires. i bought red ones thinking i was cool and the first time i went riding the chunked pretty bad.. it looked like a fat chick tried eating them! :bang:

tomfoolery82

Jan 7, 2009
if they said the clutch is going out then it most likley has to be replaced. 125s have no low end so you have to use a lot of clutch to keep the revs up high. this will cause the clutch to wear out faster then bigger bikes. the clutch plates could be burned. ride it for a while and check the oil. look for metal shavings and check for a burnt smell from the oil.

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
make sure your cable is tensioned right but most likely you have to get a new clutch kit and wile your at it you might as well get a magura hydrolic clutch if you can afford it. when i bought my 03 cr125 the guy before me got one put on and clutching is fricken sweet and smooth and its sposed to cut down on clutch plate wear because its applys preasure more even than the chunky effects of a cable.

Top Bottom