Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
At my local track,there is a series of jumps right out of a right hand turn..What i do is take the trun in 2nd and clear the first jump,while in the air i kick it up 2 3rd, then i clear the 2nd jump, on my last jump,its either i do it in 3rd or 4th...my problem is,my bike revvs too hign in 3rd and i still dont clear it, and if i shift into 4th,its 2 high a gear...so what i was thinkin was when im clearing the 2nd jump,shift up into 4th,and clutch it up the next jump...will my bike pull this?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Slipping the clutch while going up a jump is not an easy thing. I only do that when coming out of a turn just before a jump.

If you're really revving too high in 3rd, you should have the RPMs up enough to get decent power out of 4th without clutching it. If you can make it still in 3rd, I'd stay there since that thing loves to rev, anyway.

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
well,i dont really wanna change the gearing...and i really cant make it in 4th,but all i want 2 no is if my bike and even pull this...usually when im in 4th goin up the jump,im probably at like...8500-9000 rpm...so can i even make it slippin the clutch?

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
If you are really tapped in third, then you're bike should be able to pull fourth with only a minimal clutching. If you can't pull fourth, then either you arn't really tapped in third, or, like Kay Dee Exer said, your bike is geared too high. Sometimes, you think you have it pinned when you don't. Try twisting the throttle all the way to the stop in third as you hit the receiver, then hold it there all the way through the trough to the take-off of the next jump. If you are already doing this, and you still need more speed, then try clicking fourth in the air. Clutch down the receiver of the lead-up jump, but get all your clutching done before hitting the take-off. Like Gomer said, you probably don't want to be clutching up the face of the take-off. If fourth still won't get you over, then practice pre-loading to get a little more boost out of third gear.

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
ooohhhh,and maybe i didnt word my thread 2 good...what i m sayin is on the 2nd jump,im in 3rd at about 8500-9000 rpm...by the time i hit the ground and try 2 clear it,it revvin pretty high...any way,ill get back 2 u

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Make sure that you are really pinning it all the way up the jump face. There is a huge difference between letting off a little early and really pinning it out WFO.

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
went 2 the track 2day,i clear it in 4th without any clutch now. My problem was i would come up just a little bit short on the 2nd jump,so now i go further on it and pin it up the next.Thanks 4 the replies

Top Bottom