clutch or clutch cable problem?

lynn02

Jan 10, 2004
Fitness Machines

I'm looking for some kind of machine to help tone what I already have. I was thinking of a rower or an elliptical type machine. I want something thats going to work my whole body. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

jducati

Dec 11, 2003
I have a 99 Honda CR250, when I pull in the clutch lever and have it in gear it does not roll, clutch does not disengage. It is very cold here so I haven't ridden it lately, but the last time I rode it, the clutch seemed to be fine. The only thing I have done since the last ride was replace the handlbars. I adjusted the clutch cable and nothing helped, it seems like the clutch cable is broken, but still pulls normally. Has anyone ran into a problem like this? Do I have to tear into the clutch itself?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
if it has sat for awhile it is a common thing for the clutch plates to stick to gether as little bit. If it rode fine when you parked it chances are that when you start up the bike and let it warm up it will be fine again.

jducati

Dec 11, 2003
thanks, makes sense about the plates sticking together. Will try to rock it back in forth in gear to break the plates apart. I was told the trans fluid was fresh when I bought it 2 months ago, maybe I will change that to be sure.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
And if your clutch cable was broken, you wouldn't get any return spring pull on the lever. ;)

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Well, in my opinion nothing beats resistance training and a 30-40 minute run at least three times a week. I have a parabody machine, an assortment of free weights and a stair stepper if the weather is totally nasty. Copy and paste parabody link http://www.parabody.com/home/pb_gym.asp

I would really like to take a yoga class but isn't available on my schedule yet.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I run on a treadmill 3 miles usually 3-4 times per week, but have recently been using an elliptical at my gym. What a difference! The elliptical is much harder to use and really gives me a great workout. Im thinking about retiring my treadmill now that I get a much more complete workout with the ellip. Good luck!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
The elliptical is great! It definitely works you harder than the treadmill and if you don't hold onto the support bars, you improve your core balance as well as burn more trying to maintain that balance. Some of the higher-end ones come with programming to include hills/variety. I have one here at the house because I hate gyms. Now if I would just use it regularly.....

HobRoff, I just started taking a yoga class and will be attending my third session tonight. I think that Yoga is pretty awesome but I'm not sure why yet.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom