Aug 30, 2009
hey guys i have been having clutch problems on my PE250 so i removed the clutch cover to take a look at the plates but i dont know how to tell if the clutch plates are worn out or not, can someone help me?

Aug 30, 2009
it feels like the clutch isnt competely re-engaging when i put the bike in gear and let out the clutch the bike willl only creep along even if the throttle is almost wide open

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
You won't be able to tell the condition of the plates unless you disassemble the clutch and get the plates out.

When you take it apart you will find that there is a stack of plates: A number of "friction" plates sandwiched between flat plates. The friction plates have little pads of friction material bonded to the plates.

The friction pads are not very thick so you probably won't be able to establish if they are worn beyond their service life by a simple visual inspection. You need to have a micrometer to measure them.

Or just bite the bullet and replace them. When you buy a clutch kit you will get new friction plates, flat plates and usually new springs as well.

Rod

Aug 30, 2009
hey thanks a lot guys i pulled out the plates today and the friction plate against the driven plate was fine but the rest were all as flat as a pancake so i ordered new friction plates and hopefully that solves the problem ,thanks again

Top Bottom