Clutch problem clutch wont disengage.

RM125CCF

Apr 27, 2006
After replacing the clutch with the EBC kit I got I accidentally snapped the stupid spring bolt off the pressure plate I know I need a new bolt gonna get one of those today. I reinstalled everything and then it felt like there was no pressure when i pulled the clutch cable. I started the bike in neutral held the clutch in dropped it into first and it lurched forward and stalled. I can ride the bike fine push starting it and using no clutch but what can I do to fix this? I tryed ajusting it but it's still getting hard to ajust. One thing i did notice the release rod wouldnt turn but a little bit, isnt it supposed to turn all the way in a circle?

RM125CCF

Apr 27, 2006
Yea I'm pretty sure starting with friction, Steel, and so on, is there a special side i'm supposed to use? Also how do I get the broke bolt out of the Sleeve hub? I got a replacement bolt but it looks like i have to remove the sleeve from the bike?

xr250rob

May 12, 2006
the clutch plates have 2 go in a certain way cause theres a diff in size i did they same thing on my quad i thought there was no certain way but i was wrong 2 but ya check 4 the size -rob-

RM125CCF

Apr 27, 2006
Finally fixed the clutch problem was a simple matter of putting the release arm back on right and having the right ammount of slack as well. Now it disengages

Top Bottom