Chaseman36

Sep 26, 2005
Hey
I have a 91 Husqvarna WMX 125. I recently pulled it outa storage and upon taking it for my first ride, the clutch will not engage. I have eliminated clutch cable adjustments. Well at least i think i have. What i did to test it was i pulled the lever manually as far as it would go, thinking that the clutch would now be totaly engaged, and popped it into gear. And aparently it wasnt engaged cause the bike jumped forward and stalled. How do i trouble shoot this thing ive never worked with the clutch before. SHould i replace the plates or get a whole new kit? please help me i need to ride!!
\Thanx
Chase

Se77vN

Jan 24, 2005
was it cold---the temp I mean. Sometimes the clutch will get stuck if the fliud in there is cold. You can let your bike sit in the sun, and get that fliud warmed up, then try pulling the clutch. My old KDX would do that sometimes.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
my 82 KDX 175 that i just bought(which i havent had home for the first time yet). it has some clutch problems. first the small engine shop that i bought the bike from, looked at the springs. they are weak but not gone. then they thought it was the clutch plates. and today when i called they found out it was a bearing. it was desintagrading, and will not last much longer, so they ordered me a new one. because the bike would stop but sometimes would want to catch a gear. but my clutch prob is the complete opposite of yours.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
sometimes when you leave bike sitting the plates "seize together" - you can sometimes ride it (if you can get it started and into gear) and then stomp the back brake - if not, pull the cover and take the plates off - I bet they are just about glued together. FYI - your clutch IS engaged. It will not dis-engage (ie, when you pull the lever you are separating the friction plates from the steel plates).

Top Bottom