insutama

Aug 25, 2007
I just purchased my 02 yz 125 and when i have the clutch in and i pop it into first or any gear i have to keep it reved up or when it idles it trys to go and stalls but when its reved up it dosnt move at all. I have tried ajusting my clutch cable and it didnt help. Dose anyone know what could be going on? is my clutch done ? do i need to change the oil in the tranny ? thanks in advance for any help.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You should be changing the oil in your transmission about every 3 or 4 rides. Unless you are racing, then every race.

Could be that just changing the oil will take care of the problem, but just for safety sake, take off the cover, pull the plates out and have a look at em. It surely won't hurt to inspect it.

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
Your clutch basket could be grooved from use.
This will leave your clutch partially engaged, even if you pull the lever.

insutama

Aug 25, 2007
Im starting to think i got ripped off. Im new to biking and i bought this 02 yz 125 for 2500. The top end was rebuilt a month a go and it runs great. but the front fork seals need replacing so thats 300 bucks. now somthing is messed with the clutch and the transmision is leaking a blue oil :( im gonna end up spending a lot of money to get this bike in good shape. Is it okay to just keep toping the transmision oil up ? or am i gonna have to get the seals on the transmission fixed also ?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
insutama said:
Im starting to think i got ripped off. Im new to biking and i bought this 02 yz 125 for 2500. The top end was rebuilt a month a go and it runs great. but the front fork seals need replacing so thats 300 bucks. now somthing is messed with the clutch and the transmision is leaking a blue oil :( im gonna end up spending a lot of money to get this bike in good shape. Is it okay to just keep toping the transmision oil up ? or am i gonna have to get the seals on the transmission fixed also ?

300 bucks for seals? Are they gold plated?

You should be able to get seals done for under $100...

You can do them yourself for way less than 300...

Your trans is leaking BLUE oil? where is the leak?

insutama

Aug 25, 2007
i called the local yamaha dealer and they want 300$ to replace the seals on both forks and the honda place also said the same 2.5 hr labour. Im not 100% sure were the trany is leaking the is just a little puddle under my bike and the cover over the trans has oil all over it. I would do the work myself but i dont know how to and not to experianced with bikes. Just trying to get into the hobbie and i've been having a ****ty start

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, if you have mechanical aptitude and a decent set of tools, there is a good tutorial for doing seals on here somewhere.. Just do a search.

It's pretty easy, so long as you take your time and have a clean place to work.

As for your leak, clean that motor up and find out where it's coming out at.

Top Bottom