jesse_54

Apr 1, 2008
I recently came across the problem that when I pull the clutch and put the bike in 1st gear, it will stall. You cannot puch the bike while in gear with the clutch in either, so the clutch isn't engaging. the bike is a 99 rm 125 and I rode it about a week ago but it has been sitting since, and it never had this issue during that ride. I was wondering what the problem might be. The cable tension in the clutch has never been adjusted so would it be something as simple as that?

jesse_54

Apr 1, 2008
Ok well I just changed my tranny oil, and after letting the bike warm up for a few minutes i tried putting it in first. It worked and went into gear, I put it into neutral and tried again, but this time it stalled. After a few trials it would probably stall about half the time. I heard it could be the clutch cable needing to be greased. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

jesse_54

Apr 1, 2008
The bike has a new msr shifter.. if it was put on incorrectly could that affect thats happening? .. but that still wouldn't explain why i cant push the bike when its in gear and the clutch is in...

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I bought a MOOSE basket on the auction website for $150. It looks like a nice quality piece. The install is pretty straght forward. I had grabbing issues when hot and my bike wouldn't start in gear. I filed the basket last year, so I knew a new one was needed this year.

jesse_54

Apr 1, 2008
So I think i'm stupid, because last night i turned on the heater in the garage(it' just above freezing here) and today i kicked it over and put it in gear. Didnt stall. Also today i let the bike warm up for a good 15 mins and i think i fixed my problem. Bike is still hard to push when the clutch is in and in gear, but my buddy said his bike is the same way. Is that just the way those bikes are? I've only had it for maybe 2 weeks.

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
cold is likly the issue if not and the bike has been sitting take your friction plates off and soak them in oil then reinstall them.

hope this helps

D

Top Bottom