dirtryder72

Jul 24, 2002
my clutch on my 87 kdx 200 is not disengaging/engaging fully properly....when i have it off in gear and pull in the cluctch it skids a bit before it wants to roll good..only for a couple seconds then it works fine...when i shift from neutral and start out if i give it a little gas in gear with clutch in it wants to go but its barely noticable....i use sae 10w30 valvoline.....ideas? and how do i get the clutch to engage/disengage with the lever ulled in further rather than almost the whole way out????

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Both mine have done that since new. With the engine off and in gear I can pull in the clutch lever and the rear wheel will skid across the garage floor as I push it. Just the way it is. If you are not having any problems with performance I would not worry.
Lew

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
In gear, clutch pulled in, engine off, the kdx is hard to move, period.

The 'skid a bit' at the start is a plate 'stiction' issue that would be improved somewhat with new clutch parts. Very unlikely would make it like it's in neutral, though. (read 'unlikely' to mean 'it won't')

I'm not sure of the question at the end. Adjustment at either end of the cable will change the point in the lever arc at which your clutch dis/engages.

Top Bottom