Clutch Problems?

Yz125Rider13

Sep 1, 2003
Ok, I have an 01 yz125 and have been noticing some slight problems with my clutch im guessing. It starts up fine, and always clicks into first gear fine after initial start up with no problem. The problem I notice is when I come to a stop with the clutch in, bike on, and still in first gear, when i dont rev the engine, (like let the bike idle by itself) that it seems to want to lurch forward a bit. Now on the other hand, if I rev the engine with the bike on, clutch in, and still in first gear, (keeping the engine pumping a little faster) it does not lurch at all. Also (this is only sometimes) when I start the bike up after taking a quick break from riding, and pull the clutch in to put it in first, sometimes right after I click it to first the bike bogs and cuts out. Then if I kick it back over and keep it reved a little higher while I click it to first, there are no problems. Could it be a clutch problem? I am pretty sure it has a barnett dirt digger clutch which is fairly new, and I am kinda lost on this one. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
We'll have to pull the clutch apart to see if the plates are stuck together.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…