wasted

Mar 14, 2004
my girlfriend just bought a 1994 kdx200, im a very good motorcycle mechanic but unfortunately I'm not real familiar with kdx's...
we've been doing a basic breakdown/rebuild on it and she wanted to do all the work so I've just been guiding her, except for a few minor things that come from just basic neglect everything was looking good until we got the clutch cover/ case cover off and found there had been some pretty major drama in there at some point in time, I gather from a little research that it was probably the same old "snapped off kips rod" that seems to be common problem with these that caused it... even though the valve wasnt working right the rod had been replaced but the damage must have either been overlooked or just unchecked for to begin with, which put some pretty major grooves in the outer basket arms and chipped a couple gear teeth pretty bad on the basket itself...

so my question... shes not going to ride this thing too aggressive at all and we dont really want to dump much money into it, and with a new outer basket costing $300 ive been looking for a used one but havent found much specifically for this bike so far... I need to know what other, if any, baskets from various other kawasaki models will work on this bike(kx?, ect.) so I can broaden my search a little and better my odds of finding one, or if anyone has one they would like to get rid of that would be better yet...

Top Bottom