Jun 24, 2008
I just put a ASV clutch lever on my 2001 rm 125 and the clutch wont engage till like the clutch is all the way out and my clutch is slippin really bad..it just revs up and wont go..ANybody know how to fix this problem?..thanks guys

89RM

Jun 22, 2008
Yeah, adjust the cable. put the barrel adjuster all the way in. Then find the adjuster thats on the actual cable, its normally behind the number plate, or right where it connects to the engine. Since its slipping you'll want to give it more slack. Once you do this go back and use the barrel adjuster for finer adjustment

Dylan19302

Jun 27, 2008
what kind of oil are u using have you put any additives into it. my dad put marvel mystery oil in it to seal the rings on his xs 650 and his clutch started to slip. also try taking the cable off of the clutch lever. this will allow it to be as loose as it can be if it still slips after you take it off you may need a new clutch

Dylan19302

Jun 27, 2008
loosen the cable in every adjusting point. start engine put in gear while holding clutch. if it kicks forward adjust a bit tighter. if it doesnt kick forward chech that its routed right. if it is your gunna need a longer cable (inside part). or go to stock lever. There is gunna be the adjuster on the lever thing, and along the cable somewere.

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
I had to make a spacer to get ours to work with a stock or Motion-Pro clutch cables. With a Sunline cable I didn't need it but had to adjust everything way out. Oops! With the Sunline I think we had also switched to the ASV 5 series lever, don't know if that made a difference. Good luck

Top Bottom