kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
Ok here goes. Picked up this bike bout a week ago. 97 kx125. The first few minutes of riding the clutch slips when its cold. As soon as its warmed up it really hooks. Does this mean the clutch is going or does this bike have an aftermarket clutch. Like I said just picked up the bike so I dont know what is in there.

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
Have you tryed different oil to it?
Mine was doing it past summer, i still didnt get it fixed but when i get it out i will try that.

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
No havent tryed that yet. Ya may have wrong oil in it. Didnt even think of that. Its just wierd it slips when cold. I used to race a miata and the brakes had to be heated up before they worked right so I was thinkin maybe its true for an aftermarket clutch.

spark250

Feb 7, 2008
kawraper said:
No havent tryed that yet. Ya may have wrong oil in it. Didnt even think of that. Its just wierd it slips when cold. I used to race a miata and the brakes had to be heated up before they worked right so I was thinkin maybe its true for an aftermarket clutch.

It's too bad you used to race a miata! :nener:
.....just kidding

I think the clutch plates get glazed over when it's time to change. That could be the issue and when you warm it up and engage the clutch a few times they start to do their job.

could be a possibility

Top Bottom