jimmymc250

Aug 26, 2006
hi im new to mx and recently bought my first bike an 04 rm250. anyway long story short ive been out on it twice in the last week and i only ever use the clutch to pull away or when coming to a complete stop . anyways after each ride (about 2-3 hrs) i change the oil in the transmission and both times ive found metal flakes? the bike was bought from a dealer who have completely rebuilt the engine . im just wondering if its normal to get these metal flakes or is it a big problem about to raise its head!. i thought maybe the friction plates in the clutch is where the flakes are coming from. or is it my clutchless gear changes
cheers jimmy

jimmymc250

Aug 26, 2006
yeah it already has a magnetic drain plug but the metal flakes dont stick to it (suggesting aluminium) could it be bits of clutch basket? im in scotland uk by the way.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Yup, clutch basket. That's Suzuki's weak link. A good aftermarket basket can be had for $150-230. The stock aluminum is real soft, notches quickly, and performance suffers (eratic, "jumpy" engagement, dragging, etc.) The stock hub isn't much better, but last time I priced one they were only about $50........usually put a new one in when doing the friction plates. I'm a heavy clutch "feeder" and change the oil every 4-5 hrs.

Top Bottom