Jun 7, 2006
I've taken apart the clutch and found notches on the basket and hub. My mechanic told me to replace the hub, and shave down the notches on the basket. I did these things, put the bike back together. When first started it seemed perfect... smooth shift into first when it originally lurched and died. Then the next couple times shifting out of nuetral into first, it started again the same thing. Clutch drag. My mechanic also said that my steel and friction plates were all ok. I'm lost, everything else looked fine. I can't get my release arm out, but my pressure plate moved out 1/8 of an inch away from the friction plate which is supposedly what it's suppose to be at. Thanks for any help. I'm just stumped.

ziptiedEXC

Apr 5, 2006
Get an after market basket. Shaving down the notches helps for a while, this is what some people do sell their bike. The Jap bikes come with garbage. Hinson and someone else make good replacements, that are better and cheaper than OEM.

Jun 7, 2006
how bout this?

clutch won't disengage. 95 KX125. Pressure plate comes out bout 1/8 inch. that's what the mechanic says. I tried all different types of oil including ATF. New hub. Shaved down the basket. Friction and steel plates look fine and clean. engine speeds up when put into neutral. when shifting to first will lurch, lose rev, and eventually die. Any ideas? thanks.

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
you need to adjust the cable untill you have an 1/8" or so slack at the lever (between lever and perch) if you have the cable to tight then it will not work correctly
personnaly ive NEVER looked at the pressure plate to set my cable tension. :coocoo:

Top Bottom