insutama

Aug 25, 2007
I have tightened up my clutch cable as tight as it will go and when i pull the clutch the bikes still a little bit in gear, enough so that i cant push the bike in a gear with clutch in. I thought maybe it was the clutch cable so i changed that, i've changed the tranny oil. Not sure what else it could be dose anyone have any ideas?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You should have a manual and take the clutch cover off and do some inspecting and measuring. Did you route the cable properly? They show that in the manual also. There is a free play measurement at the perch to lever, the cable should not be tight enough that there is no play in the clutch lever.

Joshtee

Apr 10, 2004
I had the problem w/ my KX. Turned out to be a worn out/grooved clutch basket. The clutch basket has fingers that come out. Grooves start to form on these fingers from the clutch plates hitting the fingers. Take it apart and inspect it. if you clutch basket is grooved you will be able to feel them on the inside of you basket fingers.

hope that helps.

insutama

Aug 25, 2007
i have never taken apart a clutch before if i take it apart are all the clutch plates gonna fall out ? i have a operators manual but never taken on something like this

Joshtee

Apr 10, 2004
If you take the clutch cover off, the plates lwill not fall out. But you have to revove the plates to inspect the fingers on the basket. Read through the engine section in you manual on clutch removal. There is a outer plate w/ bolts and spings that hold the clutch together.

Top Bottom