Coal Creek Riding Area Tennesee

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Our group of five just returned last week from Coal Creek area in TN. If anyone is looking for an adventure I would highly recommend this one. 72,000 acres of marked trails! We had a blast. Rode a 130 miles in two days. The second day was a destination ride into Lake City and back. Not much level ground, usually going up or down, and I mean 1/2 mile at a time. You wonder if these hills will ever stop. Took a GPS and checked our elevation when we reached the top of the main mountain, a 2,200 ft. elevation change. Gravel roads used to make connections to other trails. Single tracks, quad trails and jeep trails, bikes of course on all of the above. We rode a quad trail switchback all the way down one side of the mountain, must have been over a mile long, and of course then you have to go back up. Bottom line, you will have a great time at this place. Not particularily for beginners, and I wouldn't want to ride it right after it rains. Rocks and mud get slick. Plenty of mud holes too. Only draw back for us is the location from St. Louis, about 480 miles! We'll be back for sure.

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
Sounds like alot of fun, I am right outside of Memphis TN. My problem is I have three children that do not have alot of experience and I am having a terrible time finding any riding places in this area. Any suggestions folks?

layoutd

May 17, 2004
Coal creek is an a former coal mining area just outside of Knoxville. North on I-75 to Lake City. The local ATC club, Windrock ATV, manages it. Cost is $10 a day or $50 for the calendar year. free camping in the base area. web site www.coalcreekohv.com

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Volunteer Riders - Coal Creek

The Volunteer Riders maintain most of the single track found on the Coal Creek property, mainly on the Lake City side.

There are areas suited for ALL skill levels, you just have to know where to go! To that end, anyone is more than welcome to contact any Vol Rider and I guarantee you will be hooked up with some of the best guides around!! We love our sport and enjoy meeting new riders. Don't hesitate to contact any of the Vol Riders officers for a Coal Creek adventure!!

www.volunteerriders.com

:cool:

Top Bottom