FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
Does anyone know of a company that will "coat" my upper/lower fork tubes? i think it looks really trick and will it improve performance? Saw the article titled "Battle of the Cheaters" in the latest dirtrider mag and noticed the YZ145's black fork tubes...looks sweet. Could i paint them myself? if so, what type of quality paint should i use.

Thank you in advance.
Also
Sorry in advance to sound so ignorant or to waste your time.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I doubt you will notice any preformance difference at all, but it does look cool. Its called andonizing, and i think pro circuit might do it... mabye...

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Do a search on nitride coating (I think that's the right spelling), that's how they color the lower fork legs, White brothers is the only one I know of that does this procedure and only certain colors are available due to the different chemicals they use. hope this helps.

Mark Hammond

Apr 6, 2000
These performance coatings do make a difference, but they also cost alot. The chrome legs can be done Gold(Titanium Nitride) or Black/Grafite(Titanium Aluminium). The coatings are done over the chrome and penetrates the chrome making it twice as hard and 25% more slippery. It will improve stiction and bush life and your lege are less likely to suffer from so much stone damage.As Marcus say's it can be done badly or not prepared or clean properly and this will accelerate seal wear.
The upper tubes should also be hard anodised to lengthen their life.

Top Bottom