Cobra parts, etc. - where to get

id450f

Jun 20, 2004
I just got an 04 PW3 for the boy ... we don't have a dealer / parts supplier anywhere around here. A couple of questions for those of you who know:

1) Where's a good place to order parts / lubes / etc. (i.e. fast ship time / good prices)?

2) I didn't have any of the cobra recommended lubes ... I'm running Amsoil Dominator racing oil now while breaking in ... in the absence of the cobra venom oil or their cobra milk for the clutch oil, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Sean Hilbert

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 30, 2001
ID,

The best place to find a dealer is through the Cobra Dealer Locator (http://www.cobramotorcycle.com/v2_finddealer.asp). Cobra has many excellent dealers nationwide.

As far as lubricants go, we have a couple of suggestions:

1) Even with the oil injection system, we recommend running a light ratio of oil mixed with your gasoline (70:1). This protects against any potential disaster (forgetting to refill oil, oil pump failing, oil line falling off, etc.). Of course we recommend Cobra lubricants (which are specifically formulated for high temperature, high-revving engines), however, if you use another brand, make sure you don't go for the cheap stuff...

2) For the clutch side, the most important thing to remember is to change the oil often. These little automatics have a tremendous amount of clutch slip...This leads to contaminated oil and in turn leads to poor clutch performance because your spring stacks (the things that control clutch engagement) will get gummed up. The best oils for this application, like Cobra Clutch Milk, WILL NOT have lubricity modifiers (i.e. like ATF), and the WILL have a dispersant package (chemicals that keep foreign particles dispersed in the oil as opposed to letting them settle out - you want the bad stuff to drain along with your oil).

Good luck with you new PW3...and have fun!

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
where to get parts

Well a quick question for me would be where did you get your bike? A good idea is to support your local dealer if possible. This will help out a bit when you have questions or need immediate help to get ready for a race.
If your not happy with your current dealer or situation you might scroll down a bit and use a dealer I reccomend. ;)
But seriously if your local guy is good help them out and use them. None of us make a mint but pretty much all of us are in this for the kids and bikes and fun.

Top Bottom