Cobrakid gets to meet Travis Pastrana

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Well it finally happened today at 2 pm CST. Travis Pastrana and his mom Debbie came to Kansas City to meet Chris. Chris's mom informed me that Travis visited another kid earlier this week in Illinois that had a more serious head injury than Chris.

It may not look like it, but Chris was all smiles today. Travis gave Chris an autographed jersery that Travis had worn at a race plus an autographed Renthal tee-shirt.

Way to go Travis, that PR work is paying off!

View

View

View

CHRIS8.JPG

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Way to go Travis!:) This shows He is a true superstar both on a bike and off. I hope Chris's day was that much brighter and the burden of his injury disappeared for the day. Chris get well and remember there are an awfull lot of people around the world pulling for you

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Glad to see Chris smiling again. Trav went above and beyond what was expected. I hate to have the two of them meet under the circumstances but it happend. I have a feeling that as soon as I start talking to Chris again I will never hear the end of how he got to hang out with Travis Pastrana and got a signed jersey.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I don't think enough ggod things can be said about Travis. He is one great kid and an asset to the sport. A CLASS ACT! Metal Melisha....take notes.

Get well soon, CK!

B

biglou

Simply incredible!:)
Rick-You are a good man. I'm proud to call you my friend.
DRN & KCRiders-Thank you all for being the family you are.
Solo & oldguy-Thank you and your families so much for making this possible.
Travis & family-God bless you. You are heroes. To Chris and to all of us.
Bless you all.:)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Outstanding!

:) Way to go Travis. Whoever made this happen deserves a great big "Attaboy". Simply OUTSTANDING. Great work.

Okie, do you see a special promo on the main page here? This would be a great pic and story for the main page don't you think.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Ditto, on what Old Guy said. Wow. You guys are awsome for getting that set up. I glad to see that Chris is make progress in his recovery. I hope that he gets better soon. As someone stated in another post " That is one pill that money can't buy". Thanks to Travis for being so cool.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Dash Riprock

Jul 13, 2000
It's great to see Cobrakid doing a little better.

The world needs more Travis's. And a hat's off to his folks for raising one heck of a kid.

Get well there Cobrakid.

Jeff (Dash)

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
The mind is a very powerful thing. The positive atmosphere being created for Cobrakid by the people surrounding him will definitely help speed his recovery greatly.

This renews my faith in humanity:)

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Travis--You are, and will always be a true champion!!

Great job to everybody who help put this together!

We're all pulling for you Cobrakid--and all other dirt bikers out there that are currently fighting your own personal/medical battles!

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
What a truly wonderful representative of any sport Travis is. Great big ole thumbs up to Travis. I have always enjoyed watching the young man race, but today he gained a great deal of respect from me. Kudos!!

My prayers and well wishes to Chris.

Coop

Jan 21, 2000
That's awesome that Travis does things like this. You would think he would be all grumpy and depressed after the way this season went, but nope. He still goes that extra mile. I hope I get to shake his hand someday and say well done.

Mike

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
This is a great inspiration to all the DRN community. Let everyone who reads this take a lesson on PR. Travis is a true hero and sportsman. The world needs more people like him. I hope that Cobrakid has a speedy recovery and the belief that you can overcome the non-believing souls in the word. God bless Travis and the Cobrakid.

00 KDX 200
Procircuit pipe & silencer
AMA
GNCC
:)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Simply awesome! I figured from everything I had read and heard about Travis that a signed jersey and heartfelt note was probably forthcoming but this blows me away. Not a large percentage of 'famous' people are even close to being in his league. CobraKid, get well soon and make us all jealous with stories of the meeting.

Top Bottom