Cold hearted thieves II

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Thieving lowlifes broke into my home today (destroyed a window) and ransacked the place. They got away with a Game Cube/games and a new mountain bike, but were somehow stopped short of taking more. The computer, peripherals, VCR, TV were taken near the top of the stairs, as if lined up to be shipped, but that's where they were left.

It looks like they were looking for money/jewlery, but they must have left disappointed, because there were none. If any humor can be found in this - my Watchdog enduro computer was left lying on the floor. Some watchdog.:mad:

This is the first time my home has been broken into (car twice), and it's left me feeling burnt out. I guess that enduro I was planning this weekend isn't gonna happen (for me).

They'll probably be back for the motorcycles next time. I'm wondering what kind of alarm system I'll need (no dogs)...

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Sorry to hear about the break in.

You can still come to the enduro and take your frustrations out on the desert. :)

My wife made me get an alarm system when we bought our house. We went with ADT and have been satisfied up to this point. They even cover a portion of your deductible if the system was armed during break in.

Mike Nester

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe your dog chased the thieves away and the only way they could get away fast enough was on your mountain bike! Sorry that was kind of raw. My apartment got broke into last summer and of all things that got stolen my softball bag (with my ball glove that I have had for 8 years, my cleats and two $200 bats) a brand new pair of nike running shoes and my PS2(but not the games). Other more expensive items left in the house were approx. $3000 worth of speakers and home theatre, two other 27" tv's and a $2000 laptop computer. And to top that off they beat on my jack russell pups kennel (im sure because she was barking up a storm) until she threw up on herself and all over the cage. when I got home she was shakin like crazy and wouldnt even hardly let me hold her. Now I have two JR's and they are full grown...I pitty anyone who breaks into my place now!....mostly because we got an ADT system.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
my daughter's mountain bike got stolen from school wednesday. my wife wanted to just blow it off but i made her call the police just in case it showed up. it's a good thing we called. someone in the apartment complex next to the school had reported finding a bike but the police hadn't picked it up yet. we went over there and lo and behold there was her bike on a breezeway in front of someone's door. it wasn't damaged but it had about ten pounds of mud on it. some kid took it for a joyride, i guess. i have to admit, i thought that we would never see it again.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Sorry to hear that Holeshot.:think A lot of that going on lately. My grandsons trailer, bike, gear, etc, etc, etc, was stolen from their driveway tuesday night. They live in the Victoria Grove area.:mad: :mad: :mad:

They recovered the trailer, EMPTY.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Makes my blood boil! Nothing much to say that can help. Sorry to hear. We have Edison security, it's a piece of mind for sure. We set it all the time and it's wireless so no drilling. It works great too and we use it at night while we sleep. Good luck

Elk

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That sucks. Get a security system. We used to get lots of hang up phone calls at various time during the day and slow drive bys late at night. Once we got the system install and put up signs all of that stopped.

Good luck

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Bummer!

You hear in the news a lot about how local Law Enforcement being deluged with calls and home security alarms are not always responded to very fast.

I wonder if there is a motion sensor system that turns on a recording of a Doberman barking instead of turning on a light? :debil:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You know Jams, you're not too far off. They have a doorbell that you can play the sound of a dog barking or record whatever you want. I kinda lean towards the racking of a shotgun!! Always gets their attention.
Elk

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'll be looking into ADT (Edison is now part of ADT) and Brinks systems. What else is there to do?

With all the entering of codes into keypads, I feel like some of my freedom has been stolen...:mad:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
There's no guarantee that anything you do will stop the fools. I too feel my freedom has been compromised. The locks, the secret codes, passwords, I can't remember them all. The car alarms with the little buttons to unlock the doors. Think about how many industries would be out of business if there were no thieves! You'd never have to carry another key for anything, wouldn't need secret handy dandy codes or hide your hand when you type in your atm pin.

We've had the Edison alarm for over a year now and it's nice for piece of mind. Having neighbors watching your stuff helps alot too. Good luck
Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Having neighbors watching your stuff helps alot too. Good luck
Elk

Holeshot. As much as I hate to admit it, Elk is right.:confused: :confused:

Check to see if your neighborhood has a neighborhood watch program. If they don't, start one yourself. The local Sheriff will help you and even come to your first meeting to give you some tips and a couple signs to post. See them cops are good for somthin.;)

Chances are, there are some retired people in your neighborhood, (no smart remarks from you Elk.) that have nothing to do but watch for strange people in the neighborhood,(again, no smart remarks). We started a watch program in our neighborhood after a few break-in's and have had no problems since. We have a couple older ladies that copy down license plate numbers and vehicle descriptions.

At least that way if someone is broken in to, we have the info to give the police.

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I finally figured out how you got your name 89r, it's your age. I can picture you sitting on your porch, in your rocking chair, watching them youngins race around the street! Nosey neighbors do serve a purpose once and a while. You're gonna get it 9r 49r! :debil:

Elk

BigR

Dec 27, 2000
if you go with adt it's worth the money for the out
side siren mine is realy loud.wakes the neibors up during
the night if the family is not at home.also you might want to
give key to trusted neibor if you want alarm to sound longer than
15 min;bigR:)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
We've had the Edison alarm for over a year now and it's nice for piece of mind. Having neighbors watching your stuff helps alot too. Good luck
Elk

Ain't that something ! A policeman with private protection :eek: can't be too safe now can we. !? :mad:

We have a 24 hour monitored service, didn't think we would need it, but the wife insists on it. :ugg:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Originally posted by BunduBasher

Ain't that something ! A policeman with private protection :eek: can't be too safe now can we. !? :mad:

With the morons and losers that one must deal with every day, I can see why one would want to protect their property.:mad:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by RoadRunner
Step one, move bike into room you sleep in.

Step two, pack heat.

If all else fails, refer to step two. ;) In all honesty, I hope I am never face to face with a burgular. However, I doubt I'd think twice about [ebonics mode on] "poppin' a cap in his a--" [ebonics mode off]

Sorry to hear that you're one of the many victims of this kind of junk. Just another case of Mom & Dad not spending enough quality time with junior when he was younger.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by holeshot
I'll be looking into ADT (Edison is now part of ADT) and Brinks systems. What else is there to do?

With all the entering of codes into keypads, I feel like some of my freedom has been stolen...:mad:
Well, you might feel that way at first but it will help you sleep better at night. We have one and to tell you the truth, I'd rather have that thing go off and give me a warning that something is going on then be awakened by a thief/murderer. If we hear a sound in the house, I can just look at the door in our room and see the armed light on and know that everything is OK. Even if we leave the house and the theives break in, the alarm will summon the police. I don't want to have to use it, but I'm glad we've got it. Maybe if the bums just see the sign they might move on to the next house.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I guess when you see and deal with all the scum that roams the earth on a daily basis, the LAST thing I want is my house being a layover! Case and point, the little girl down in San Diego that was taken out of her bedroom at night. The father noticed the alram light blinking indicating an open door, but the alarm was not activated. He went and closed the door and went back to bed. I pity the one that comes into my lair, there will be only one statement for the Officer to take, MINE. I can guarantee that I will be in fear for my life and the lives of my family. Case closed.
Elk

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I to got robbed about 3 weeks ago.:uh:
I feel I was fortunate since it was during contsruction, between me and the contractor we had about $2500 in tools the took:ugg:

The thing that flames me the most is the hassle you go through with the insurance companies, they found a loop whole and didn't pay a dime:( :ugg:

dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000
Unbelieveable.
I'm taking my daughter to school this morning, and as I'm backing my truck out of the garage, I noticed that the left side of my car was higher than the right. Upon further inspection I saw that someone had broken into the passenger compartment, pulled the rear seat out. dragged the little spare and jack out, got ahold of the lugwrench(with the wheel lock key attached!), Jacked up the car and stole both of the right side tires and wheels! Saw the neighbor outside and told him what happened, so he checked his van. He's a remodeling contractor and had just finished a job so had all of his tools in there. Opened the back door and everything was gone. Three thousand dollars worth of tools.
Boy, does today suck!
:(

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Bad news

Sorry to hear about the break in. We don't have much of that here. Usually just a local kid gone astray once in a while. I still don't lock my doors at night or when I go to work. I figure between the dog and the fact that everyone in town knows my weapon of choice is an AR-15, nobody will bother anything. I just hope I never have to unload that gun the fast way on someone....

Top Bottom