Cold Weather And Pre Mix Ratios

duke

Oct 9, 1999
With the understanding that cold weather causes leaning conditions, I was wondering if a slight adjustment in pre mix ratio will aid in preventing any potential seizures? When I say cold weather, I am referring to Southern California "cold", say mid forties. My current jetting specs are just slightly rich.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
No I wouldn't add less premix oil to richen your jetting. If you are slightly rich now I'd wait and see how the bike runs and make the required jetting adjustments once the temps drop. Watch for hesitation when you crack the throttle open as an indication that things are running lean and do a quick plug reading at WOT.

David

duke

Oct 9, 1999
So noted. I will make note of "lean" symptoms and make any necessary jetting changes. Thank you

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
Both my KDX and my sons hi-perf YZ are running noticably stronger in the colder November air. Guess we were probably jetted a bit too rich over the summer. As CD noted above, wait and see how it runs, you might be pleasantly suprised. Jim G

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…