whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
WOW! I just have to share this with friends.

After waiting the last 4 months to hear from colleges, we got the BIG letter we’ve been waiting for. My daughter, who has a 3.6 GPA, has had trouble breaking the 1000 mark on her SAT’s and has been turned down by UNC Wilmington, NC State and NC Appalachian. We got an acceptance to Meredith here in Raleigh two months ago, but the problem was $28,000 per year and she would be too close to home. (go away, have fun) Well the mail just came and our last hope UNC Greensboro has great news, plus they are about $20,000 less than Meredith. Lola and I have been so stressed about this, but patience and prayer have paid off. I just called her to let her know our daughter was going to be able to go away and she broke down from joy. I think I’ll take the letter up to my daughter at work and share it with her instead of waiting till she gets home tonight.

Life is good, life is good.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
:thumb: That's great news.  Congratulations to your daughter.  College is a great opportunity and was 5 of the best years of my life.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Great news! Congratulations!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Congratulations! I was also on the 5 year plan. Best of luck to your daughter!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congrats to you all! Tell her to have fun and ENJOY it. It took me 5 years too, 2 at community college and 3 at the university. I wish I would have been more involved in stuff though--most of my classes were taught off campus and I lived 20 miles away so I never went to any of the functions or anything. I really regret that.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congratulations!!
It took me screwing up bad, losing my deferment for the draft and basic training to open my eyes and get busy. It was the best thing I ever did.

Tony

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Yea, bring 'em on Bruce! We have been trying to get her into at least having a beer once in a while. Park City was a hoot watching her drink with her mom, I think she fell asleep about 8:30 that night.
Guy's thanks for the nice words, it's exciting seeing her about to graduate and move on to the next part of her life. Seven more years and then Aryn's turn ... more like his mom's and my turn!!! :yeehaw:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
We have been trying to get her into at least having a beer once in a while. Park City was a hoot watching her drink with her mom, I think she fell asleep about 8:30 that night.

Ummm........ :think: I am just going to walk away from this one... :silly:

Top Bottom