lips

Apr 6, 2001
Am riding the national enduro at Del Norte, Colorado. Anyone in CO know what the elevation is?

Any tips on jetting?

Don

01' 200exc

Tom&SandyB

Nov 30, 2000
Don,
I am not from CO but we were in the Colorado Springs area 2 weeks ago. Altitude 8,500 to 9,500 ft. I have a '01 200E/XC as well. Had it jetted as follows
Main 175 (go to 178 or 180 if riding wide open a lot)
Needle 1369N 3rd clip
Pilot 40
AS 1 1/2 out
Bike ran very well. My 200 does not seem to like the richer pilot that some people are using even at our low altitude in Illinois.
Hope this helps and have fun!
Tom

colorado-high

Jul 4, 2000
Elevation is 8-12000 feet.Be prepared. They are trying to make this the hardest Enduro of the series.Tons of rocks,major up and down hills.No timekeeping involved.

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
I am from Colorado and you should be more conconcerned with your lungs. The race will be from 8,000'-12,000'. You should be prepared for a seriously HARD race. Be prepared for a lot of rocks and a lot of steep hills. Personally I am thinking of riding my Trials bike. Here is what I would recommend:

If you are a person that rides on the rev's all the time then here is what I would use:

45 Pilot
175 Mian
1368G Needle in the 2nd position
1-1/2 - 2 outs on the air screw.
This jetting will have a slight bog at 1/4 throttle but if you stay on the gas you won't notice.

However, since Boot Hill will have a lot of harder slower rock sections you might not want to have that bog at 1/4 throttle so you should then jet as follows:

45 Pilot
NOZI in the 2nd position
160 Main

I hope this helps. Look me up. I am Nicole Bradford on the Red Gas Gas. I race 250 A so hopefully I will get a good number so I won't have to deal with all the bottle necks. It should be fun!

lips

Apr 6, 2001
big boot jetting

Thanks for all the help with the jetting. I wound up using the following jetting for my 01 KTM 200 EXC:

pilot = 40
main = 165
needle = 1369 (number 2 position)
air screw = 0.75

basically the pilot wasn't the problem, the bike had a slight bog between the transition between low and mid. Nichole apparently uses a needle that works better in this area. I used what I had in the box. I had plenty of power everywhere, but it was annoying to not have it perfect.

Nichole was right about the altitude ! I had a headache from the time I got there until the time I left. I drank mucho water to hydrate.

I think the altitude had a lot to do with my performance. The actual course was easier than the Wild Boar Enduro that my club puts on.

The hosting club did a good job considering the amount of land they had to work with. I personally didn't like the known check-in format, or riding the same loop twice.

Don

Top Bottom