May 17, 2012
Hi all,

Just applied for my working visa to go to vanvouver, I race motocross over here and race in the semi-pro class. Basically im planning on going racing but havent a clue where's the best place to go in Canada for motocross. I am recently qualified as a Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanic but i plan to try get work in a motocross shop. I will be over in late August.

Has anyone got advice on where is the best place for motocross shops and tracks?

Thanks,
Stephen Malone

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Don't know the tracks in Canada, but Vancouver, BC is a beautiful place! Welcome to North America :cool:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Unfortunately, I never owned a dirt bike while I lived in Vancouver, but all you need to do is get online and find motorcycle shops in the Vancouver area. You're sure to find a few dirt bike nuts lurking there. Vancouver is no different than any other place in the world ... there will be plenty of motocross, with a few riders at the local pro level. Check to see if the CMA (Canadian Motorcycle Association) has any events near Vancouver (or near Burnaby, BC or Surrey, BC is more likely, because they are inland but still near Vancouver.)

But ....... Vancouver is one very rainy place, so be prepared for mud riding.

I had the best times in Vancouver (I won't go into sordid detail here). :p

The only negative thing about Vancouver is that it is the San Francisco of Canada. :whoa:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
holeshot said:
I had the best times in Vancouver (I won't go into sordid detail here). :p

The only negative thing about Vancouver is that it is the San Francisco of Canada. :whoa:

:ohmy:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
BadgerMan said:

Hey. when you're doing sordid things, it's easy to step into the wrong place (club). Especially when you live one block from the sissy district. :whoa:

Do not go into clubs named "Celebrities" , "The Odyssey" or the like. :nod:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I've heard that if you play your cards right, you can drink for free. :rotfl:

Top Bottom