JoeAverage

Jun 22, 2000
I'm coming off an RM250 and thinking about riding KTM for a change.. I trail ride only in New Hampshire where I guess you'd say it's pretty non-technical, non-tight stuff... I want more power and snap when I twist my wrist... So much more that I've also considered the KX and CR 500's... I basically want quickness and not so much top speed... So should I go with the 300 or 380? MXC or EXC? Having a light would be kinda nifty, but I hear that the MXC can easily be modified for that. I'm 5'8, 165lbs... I've only been riding for about a year and a half now, but the RM just isn't scaring the hell out of me like the first time I threw a leg over it and wheelied away by accident! Also, being the mechanically challenged person that I am, reliability and maintenance is sorta an issue as well in the MXC/EXC choice...
Thanks...

NEMX305

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2001
I'm selling my 380SX and I'm in Danville. If you want you can come over sometime this week and see if thats something you'd be interested in. Tim

RMDUSTER71

Mar 27, 2001
JoeAverage,
If you go for the 380 make sure you get the manuals with it.I wonder what you mean by mechanically challenged. Most riders love to do as much of their own maintenance as possible. KTM are great and require regular maintenance to keep them running in top condition. If you can follow the easy check list in the manual for before and after rides you'll love a Orange Bike!!! Good Luck.:)

B

biglou

Strick is right on the money.

The 380 has amazing tractor power and will also run fast. Very linear power with amazing top end. There is nothing like an open-class two stroke!

You might also consider including your middle name-"Above"!!;)

YZ85er

Aug 8, 2001
Yes!!

Go with a 380 EXC those things will do a wheelie in 6th gear without useing the clutch!!!! if i were you i would be makeing my way too the bank ;)

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Re: Yes!!

Originally posted by YZ85er
Go with a 380 EXC those things will do a wheelie in 6th gear without useing the clutch!!!! if i were you i would be makeing my way too the bank ;)

That is, if it HAD a 6th gear....:silly:

YZ85er

Aug 8, 2001
lol

Aww man ya got me there!!! lol my dad has one and ive saw him do one goin at least 40 mph lol YEaH!!!! i took it it had a 6th gear being my YZ85 does!!!!;)

Top Bottom