Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
From http://www.scorpausa.com/

The Scorpa T-Ride to debut at Endurocross!
Saturday, September 29 will mark the debut of Scorpa's newest model&The T-Ride. The Scorpa factory has sent over a late prototype of the much anticipated machine to be piloted by French enduro rider Greg Eyries at the first 2 rounds of the popular Endurocross series. In other RYP Endurocross news, Nick Mantzoras and Phil Smage will also be contesting the series this season aboard their Sherco trials machines. Any riders in the Denver area are welcome to come on out to support these riders as they represent the trials community. All are welcome to stop by the Scorpa pits and meet with the riders. Round 2 of the series will take place on October 6 at the Lazy E arena in Guthrie, OK and RYP will be there as well. Check out www.endurocross.com for more details and ticketing information.

TRide01.jpg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You should check out the video on the T-Ride they have on the site! The rider even uses the seat a few times :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Cool, I was hoping they would eventually bring this over. :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yeah I think it's going to be a seriously cool bike! Unfortunatly I think it will also be one of those bikes that is a great pick for the large percentage of those that ride off-road yet won't make a huge impact because most think they "need" some big displacement and/or MX bike.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
OUCH!!!! Official word from Ryan Young.... Arrival 2/2008 and $9000 US dollars! Scratch that dream off my list :(

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I can buy a Montesa 4RT with a long ride kit for less than that. Sorry SCORPA, you screwed the pooch on this one. :(

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
9k? Damn. It's a good looking bike, I would like to know more about how the ride is.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Roost, check the SCORPA website and watch the video. It's unreal.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yup I was floored when I read the email from Ryan. I kept rereading to see if I was missing something. It really is a great concept but not THAT great!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Rich - unreal, that bike looks like so much fun! I'll be right back, watch the East Coast news for a bank robbery, LOL.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Frame, swingarm and forks look undersized for serious offroad abuse. Looks fun for extreme technical stuff, but for a mixture of terrain (ie, anything at speed) I'd be scared. Cool bike non the less.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Considering how extreme some trials bikes are ridden I doubt they are not up to the task that most serious off road riders dish out. Consider most dirt bikes are ridden off road (not on tracks) and you can start to understand that we are riding bikes that are WAAAAY more able to deal with abuse and thus are heavier than most of us need.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Patman said:
. . . we are riding bikes that are WAAAAY more able to deal with abuse and thus are heavier than most of us need.
hey now, there is a minority of us out there that do outweigh our bikes.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Patman said:
Considering how extreme some trials bikes are ridden I doubt they are not up to the task that most serious off road riders dish out. Consider most dirt bikes are ridden off road (not on tracks) and you can start to understand that we are riding bikes that are WAAAAY more able to deal with abuse and thus are heavier than most of us need.

I just look at it as it's not very versatile for a guy with one bike in the garage. I can't imagine doing anything high speed on it (I don't think the suspension or frame could take that sort of abuse).

That said, if I had a lot of spare cash sitting around, I'd definitely look at picking one of those up for the really gnarly trail rides.

First I'm planning on buying a true trials bike though.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hey Speedy check out the results for the Endurocross. Just to save ya' a bit of diggin' trials bikes which the T-Ride is based on finished 9th, 6th & 2nd! The 4RT (Montesa) that took 2nd also set the fast qualifier time AND was running down event winner David Knight. All without ending up in pieces.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I see that. I don't doubt the T-ride is great for Endurocross and really technical riding. What I do doubt is it's ability to handle fast and rough riding, which most off-roaders end up doing from time to time. No doubt it's a great bike for Trialsesque situations and technical first gear trails. I wouldn't want one as my only bike, because I also ride motocross, sand whoops, fire roads, faster rocks and generally rough terrain. I think I'd end up with a lot of broken parts on a T-ride on faster terrain.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I want one! open terrain or closed that thing looks right! I don't care what people say; if you watch the video and look at your riding ability through a reasonable eye, that bike is probably better for me (and a lot of faster folk) than the YZ 250 I've been riding as of late.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
OldassKDX said:
... I don't care what people say; if you watch the video and look at your riding ability through a reasonable eye, that bike is probably better for me (and a lot of faster folk) than the YZ 250 I've been riding as of late.
DING DING DING!!!!

Too bad the price is off the stupid charts.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
209.4391 LBS WOW that is a light bike but 9k yea right, would be a fun ride though. maybe you guys could all pitch in and buy me one LOL

Top Bottom