comparison between the KX125 and KX100

D

Dolch

We are undecided as to whether to purchase a KX125 or KX100? My son is riding a KX85 now, is 13, 5'3 and weighs 118. He has ridden a KX100 and doesn't care for the rate of acceleration. He says it jolts. Does the KX125 ride the same? I wish there was track here he could ride before buying but there isn't. His intention is to eventually join the race circuit.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I am not sure what "jolts" means.

If "jolt" is a sudden surge of acceleration then I would expect that the KX-125 would only be worse. That is a characteristic of a two stroke.

If you buy a KX100 I suspect that he wouldn't ride it for long. At 13 he is likely to grow quickly and the KX100 will end up being too small for him. It might be the perfect bike for him right now, however.

The KX125 is going to be a full size bike. He might have a little trouble kicking it due to how short he is and if he is riding technical terrain he may struggle due to the fact that his feet won't reach the ground.

KX100's tend to be fairly cheap as they a bike that is passed down a lot as the kids get bigger. The KX125 is going to be a bit more expensive.

If the peaky torque of the two stroke is an issue you might want to consider getting him a four stroke instead. Something like a Honda CRF150r would be good. Again, he will probably outgrow this bike in a year or two.

Rod

Oct 29, 2013
Well the KX100 has a 34.3 Seat height, and the KX125 has a 37.2 Seat height. So if your riding technical trails I would go with the KX100 because he will have a hard time reaching the ground on the KX125.

Top Bottom