comparisons "03" 450 vs. "04" 250 & 300

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
I currently own an 03 450 exc that I am happy with, but am very curious about the 04 250exc and 04 300exc.

I want more throttle response right off of idle, but love the long smooth power delivery of the four stroke. I've been hearing good things about both the new 250 and 300. I don't think I really need the extra power of the 300, but if it would give me the power characteristics, smoooth delivery, that I am looking for then maybe that is the way to go. If the 250 doesn't really have a hit and fits the bill then I would probably go that way instead. I will probably keep my 450 for a little while to make sure that I like the 2 stroke.

I am happy with the 450, but if I could find a lighter bike with better off idle throttle response, then why not.

BTW I ride mostly tight single track with some decent hill climbs, but I like to open it up a bit from time to time. No MX. I will be racing in the "B" class for HS and enduros next year, but not seriously.

Some body will tell me to ride them first, which of course I would love to do. Unfortunately, I don't think I will get that lucky.

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
This was originally posted in the KTM forum, because I wanted responses from people who ride KTM'S. That is why I did not mention that I was talking about KTM's in the original post.

Top Bottom