Concussions and Seizures

• I have had concussions, and no siezures.

Votes: 47 90.4%
  • I have had concussions and seizures.

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Jon H

Apr 7, 2009
I've had a few concussions, Probably 2 minor ones. I had a decent one skiing and was knocked out for a few seconds. And just recently I had a major concussion in a car crash where I lost conciousness for about 2 minutes and never a single siezure.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It does take a while after injury before a pic will show the healing, inner scabs if you will? At least a month or so? Then I highly recommend having the scarring checked. The brain has healing and work around features science may never know how it does it?

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
I've had several serious concussions and one severe closed head injury.Took a nap for 8 days.No seizures.Wicked migraines for a few years but I've had them since I was 8 or 9 years old.Ever since I quit the chemical warfare on my brain the migraines have gone away.I still get the visual cues once in a while but the pain doesn't come afterwards.Occasional vertigo if I twist me neck and look up at the same time but not every time.In all honesty I'm fortunate to be breathing so whatever comes is no big deal.Freaks my Dr. out 'cause I'm not afraid of dying at all.Been there done that it's no big deal.Hurt like hell but oh well.

Mar 28, 2009
i have had multiple concussions to many to count and 2 severe.
one i dont even remember, i left my friends house and thats the last thing i remember, about an hour and half later i woke up staring at myself in the mirror with road rash down the whole left side of my body.
this was about year and a half ago. oh ya i wasnt even on a dirtbike, but my bmx bike.
i just had another concussion about a week and a half ago.
but no seizures to this day.

mdavidso

Apr 28, 2009
I had a minor concussion before!!! And I was just a passenger on my roomates brand new suzuki ltz400. He bought it in the winter and by thanksgiving WE hit a tree (one concussion) flipped it backwards, flipped it down a hill, rolled it, got it stuck in a river, GOT ARRESTED, and the damn thing still is running and has all original parts!

AND IM ONLY 15 YEARS OLD!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
mdavidso said:
I had a minor concussion before!!! And I was just a passenger on my roomates brand new suzuki ltz400. He bought it in the winter and by thanksgiving WE hit a tree (one concussion) flipped it backwards, flipped it down a hill, rolled it, got it stuck in a river, GOT ARRESTED, and the damn thing still is running and has all original parts!

AND IM ONLY 15 YEARS OLD!!
Trees in the winter are harder, stop hitting them. If you had a concussion, the helmet is likely garbage, My oldest son was pretty young his first concussion, I was around 18. Mine was bad enough to cause a compression fracture in my neck! And the Bell helmet went to the trophy pile.

ethayer

Jul 31, 2009
I went around a corner WAYYY too fast once, on a friends bike, got knocked out. When I woke up, I had 6 people around me, my future girlfriend crying, my left leg and arm bleeding BAD(wear the gear, not shorts and a t-shirt lol) and all I was thinking about was this massive migraine. I stood up fast, not noticing my bleeding side and wondering why all these people were standing around me, and I blacked out once more. Turns out I was out for a good 15 minutes, and I needed 17 stitches in my leg and a warm hospital bed for the night, all because I was an idiot and didn't wear all the gear. I did wear a helmet though, it ended up saving my life. :D

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I had a wicked nasty lawn dart experience several years ago. Don't know if I had a concussion or not. Heck I don't even remember the crash. :yell:

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Crash Stories

Porkchop here, to my knowledge I have had 3 concusions; 1976 @ jawbone, I buried the front wheel in a subterranean rut causing an instant face plant/rag-doll, end of riding that day, type of crash. That one was mild, good to ride the following day.
1979 racing @ Saddleback park: second moto of the day, whilst chasing the lead rider down the big hill after the first turn, the leader crashed 1/2 way down the hill & I landed on the guys flat spinning bike, that was skidding down the hill without him on it, luckily for him. The rest of this tale is ugly. I came to after aprox 15 minutes with the medics using smelling salts on me, with no recollection of any of the previous events. It took about a month before I could stand up without help, & many years to recall any of the details of that day ( 3 friends confirmed what happened).
They told me ,I sounded like a parrot, asking the same question every 5 minutes, etc. I stopped racing for a year, and took up snow skiing instead of racing. Then I managed to knock myself silly doing that too at Mammoth Mountain, 1980, only a minor concussion but enough to give me a nasty head ache for the next 24 hours.
These days when I hit the slopes, I wear my helmet, Sonny Bonno would probably still be with us had he been wearing a helmet. Today I call concussions scrambled brains, like the rhyme humpty dumpty, getting healed up from a brain injury is like trying to put an egg yoke back together again, once injured 100% recovery can take a very long time, if it happens at all. This stresses the importance of good helmets & wearing one during all hazardous activities. :bang:
Best Regards, Porkchop...
P.S. This may explain a few things.... :coocoo:
To date I have had no seizures, but how would I know? :whoa:

Last edited:

Bignig604

Aug 4, 2009
i have had 4or5 concussions, 1 severe while i was knocked out for a few minutes. no seizures? but i do have full body twitches when i sit for long periods off time. could these be seizures and i just dont know it? i also teld to pass out freequently when standing up.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am no Neurologist, an apprentice, maybe? You need to see one though. An EEG can tell if you are having petite seizures, or some other type. It may be just pressure from a bulging disc onto a nerve? My oldest is back into bicycle racing, again. Konked his head pretty good last night at some indoor track in Wisconsin? We will keep an eye on him. Vintage Bob

lit549

Jan 11, 2010
I have had 7-8 concussions since I was young.#of them where really serious.Ive bounced my head off the concrete at about 25mph,hit in the mouth with softball bat(by an adult),crashed drz400 and it landed on my head.So ya Ive had a few!Ive been to the neurologist,had tests.And no one can tell me whats goin on.I have these BAD headaches,when they happen I have stroke like symptoms>Idk but they are really scary.I was told they are migraines that are causing mini-strokes..I do not take any meds,cause nothing seems to work.I really think Ive hit my head so hard that I have nerve damage.Sometimes I just shake and tremor.I know it sounds serious,but what do ya do when the docs dont even know???I just try to have fun and live evry minute as if it were my last!!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Lit, you have a few issues going on to assume the least. The wife has really bad migraine head aches. It seems colored foods and the birth control pills are her main trigger. Just like the seizures, there are many different types. And the frigging mini strokes, she has them also. But, she has never had a head injury, or seizures. My son Ryan only has bad head aches after a seizure. I wish I could tell you all has been good with Ryno, not really. The seizures have been changing though. Not as violent, but turns a creepy shade of blue! Lit, have you had EEG's, MRI's and all the blood work done? This part:"I just try to have fun and live evry minute as if it were my last!!!", every one would be better off!

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
Ever find out what was going on? I had a nasty wreck a few years ago and was knocked out for about 10 minutes, woke up in the back of someone's truck I did not know to them asking me for directions home. I guess I was repeating myself over and over for a few days straight, then things were okay. A year or so went by and all a sudden I started having grand mal seizures to the point where I would have up to five in a row or more and stop breathing for long periods of time. When I wake up in the hospital I did not know my own name or any of my surroundings for quite some time after seizures. The Dr's said it was not related to the injury as the CT scans come back normal and it was awhile ago so the diagnosed me as epileptic. In the mean time I was sick for months having seizure after seizure and the hospital diagnosed me with meningitis because of an elevated white blood cell count (which is normal after seizures) without doing a spinal tap and put me on heavy anti biotec through IV for 3 days while I was drugged up. Once out of the hospital I kept having more seizures to the point where I thought I was dying, I lost my license and basically my life. Finally after some unexplained events and research I found out that I have candida which is basically from bad diet etc (yeasts) and especially the antibiotics. That explained my other severe stomach problems, headaches etc. If it wasn't for my own research I would not have ever known, finally I am about to get my license back after two years.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
1998RM250, first, Thank you for your input! Next, I am no more near an answer than you, except there are better days ahead? Next, Great you are getting better! I was hoping there was more input on this matter, hoping there WAS a correlation between the accident? Not enough input, yet. Your accident and the information they gave you, sounds EXACTLY like the information I got 5 or so years earlier! Doctors? If some tv personality had a similar accident, I truly believe the Doctors would NOT just brush by this, and someone would do some research, BESIDES ME? And you! Well there are some that do not have the same issues, so there HAS to be some correlation? Severity of impact, diet, No, I feel there is something else. Time, stay on the meds, no more accidents, and time, somebody put some time into finding the root cause, PLEASE? Best wishes 1998RM250, and good luck, Bob

Top Bottom