Confused about pipe and jetting!!

JETPRO_X

Sep 6, 2000
Well finally got my motor and supension back last week, from Two Wheel Motor Sports and Pro Action Suspension. I have put the bike back together as much as I can. Two things are holding me back
#1 -can't get hold of a #!*##ing!! FMF gnarly woods pipe "back ordered till May 20th!! ordered the thing in January!!
Question after much talking, to different people I now confused should I install a Gnarly REV Pipe??? (Can get a Gnarly Rev)

#2 Jetting this beast!! I have read Canadian Dave's great article on jetting. The problem is that jetting recomendation's in the article are very different from the recommendation's from Team Green and the engine builder.

Stock:Am I correct 52 pilot, 160 main, R1173L
3rd clip needle.

Team Green: 50 or 48 pilot 155 main, R1173L 2nd clip needle.

Two Wheel Motor Sport: 55 or 52 pilot,155 Main,R1173L 3rd or 4th clip needle.

Canadian Dave's article: 45 or 48 pilot, 152 or 155 main, R1173N not R1173L needle in mid clip postion.

As have said I am confused. Some back ground the is my seacond season riding the bike. Had Two Wheel port the motor and do the head. I ride in mostly tight woods now but am going to be riding a veriaty of terrain. I plan on racing a few enduro's this year too.

Please help me out guy's. :confused:

------------------

Russ

Jan 17, 2001
I beleive the stock is 48/160

While some of the combinations you listed sure sound interesting, the pilot circuits all sound very, very rich! Dave actually recommends 42/45. Personally, I really like the K30 Rev, and yes, I have tried both.

------------------

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
If you have a late model 200cc then your stock jetting is 48/160 which should be a little rich. Your final jetting really depends on your bikes setup including which pipe you choose. The kg-35 torque will make your bike richer than the kg-30 REV. Your jetting also depends on other mods like reeds, airbox, porting, how you oil your filter and environment conditions. I would follow C-Daves recomendations for a starting point but you really have to jet the bike yourself because they are all a little different!!

I have the REV pipe and love it, makes it a little tougher to ride in the tight stuff but it sure is fun!!

------------------
Mac
00-KDX-200

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
A little more info please JetPro. Do you have a KDX200 or 220? It will make a difference in your pipe and jetting selection. If you have a 220 has the carb been bored or have you installed a larger carb from a 200?

Team Green's suspension and jetting recommendations for the KDX are a joke, they should be embarrassed.

The R1173L and R1173N are basically the same needles. The location of the clip slots will be different that's all so you'll start with the clip in a different position. What needle do you intend on using, i.e. what do you have on hand?

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now you're talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

JETPRO_X

Sep 6, 2000
Dave I have a 2000 KDX 220 stock Carb. I know I should get it bored just nervous about who to send it to. Not sure which needle is in the bike I"ll take a look tonight. It is stock though.

------------------

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The jetting you have listed is for a 35mm KDX200 carb. For jetting try a 45 pilot, air screw at 1.5 turns out, a 148 main and the stock R1173L in the mid clip position. That's stock jetting on your 220. Be sure to do a plug reading at WOT and insure you aren't running lean. With the ported cylinder I'd have a 150 on hand as well incase you need it.

With a rev pipe and porting you should have a look at boring the carb. to make the most of your mods. Talk to the shop that did your cylinder and head work. They shouldn't have any problems boring a new carb . . . . its basic stuff for a competent machine shop.

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now you're talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

Top Bottom