82 Bird

Aug 24, 2002
I have a 2000 yz426 with 1999 suspension, i am trying to get it dialed in best i can, I don't know the history of this suspension it was slipped in on me when i got the bike. The forks seem harsh any small bumps almost make it feel as if it's bottoming even though it isn't. I weight 185 205 with gear and ride MX. If i go out with the compression on the forks it bottoms in this whoop sections, if i go in with it, the front end swaps going into turns, I basically have been going between 13 and 17 clicks out. the springs on the forks have 46 engraved on the top of them, it was done by someone with a engraver, I just dont believe these springs are 46's, The mx tech site says i need 44 or 45, my oil level is at 130mm, I want to order springs but if these are really 46's i have i cant see getting softer ones, i only have 5 rides on a 4 stroke, i came off a 1995 kx250 and really loved the suspension on my kx compared to my new bike, My knowledge of susp is very limited and i don't really know what to do, i thought of ordering 47's just to try, the rear has a silver spring with 1 yellow slash, i believe it's stock, it doesn't really bottom, could maybe going softer on the rear help the front? sorry this is so long, any help is appreciated, bird

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
You might want to try speeding up the rebound on the fork to help the "swapping going into turns". There is no accurate way to tell what springs you have without testing sadly. The rear spring sounds like an OEM spring, so you should be able to reference those slach marks in the manual to determine what it is anyways.

Top Bottom