Confused with Water Pump Parts on KDX200SR - HELP

TriniG

Feb 5, 2002
I just got some water pump seals & Gaskets for my 1993 KDX200SR from bikebandit.com
I should have opened up the bike first before ordering, but didn't want the bike to be down while waiting for the parts. I assumed the parts would be similar. Was I ever wrong.

Well it seems that the water pump parts are completely different than the US model of that year. My impeller shaft is fatter (so the seals are useless to me) and the set up is different. The impeller is similar to a 1999 KDX model (when I looked at newer diagrams) and has a mechanical seal and a smaller seal. The order of parts is: Bearing, Small seal, Large Cup, Mechanical Seal, Impeller (with ceramic surface that fits flush against the mech seal) then impeller nut.

The newer US model bikes don't have this cup between both seals. the older US bikes don't have any cup, mechanical seal or an impeller anything like what I've got. So this Jap Spec model has me confused.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Can someone measure a shaft diameter of a 1996 or newer bike for me? I don't think I can remove the cup thing without damaging it and it's not listed as a part from what I can see. I have to get the Cup out to get to the Shaft Seal.

mark_england

Mar 6, 2002
the cup is part of the mechanical seal,, it comes as a whole unit if you cant get a replacement for it in the usa
give corby kawasaki in the uk a call, i brought a mechanical seal for an sr from them recently

calling from within the uk 01536401010

you will have to figure the dial code needed

TriniG

Feb 5, 2002
Thanks for the input. Now that I have the unit out, I'm going to have a look at some bearing & seal suppliers to see if there is anything with similar specs.
Cheers

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom