Congrats to K State!

Congrats to K-State!

Who would've thunk it? Gotta be one of the biggest upsets in college ball.
OU stunk-up the place and K-State played HUGE.

Wonder what happens in the BCS tomorrow? You gotta think White just lost the Heisman. Does OU still go to the Sugar Bowl?

Being a big ole Sooner fan, that was HARD to watch.

OKKX'er

Lifetime Sponsor
AAAARGH ! Where did those teams come from? Jason was off just a hair, shows how important he is.

ktmboy

Subscriber
I am so bummed I missed it. I wanted to watch but had other obligations. When are we gonna get a play-off system in college football so we can stop second-guessing who belongs in the championship game?
I've been following USCs' bid all year, and they may not get in despite how successful they've been this year, and yet I'm not so sure LSU shouldn't be there too!

It's probably going to be OU and USC still.... who in the top 5 hasn't lost a game?

Now I hope the Martians that abducted the OU team and replaced them with non-playing look-a-likes let the real ones come back to play in the Sugar Bowl. :p

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
Kansas played a hell of a game :thumb:
so did kansas state. :confused:

that's always been the downfall of the big 12. they keep knocking each other off.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
Originally posted by mx547

so did kansas state. :confused:

that's always been the downfall of the big 12. they keep knocking each other off.
Happens in the Big 10 every year. Lots of talent in that league and it shows up in the bowl game scores.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
CFB needs a playoff system.

IMO K-State,LSU,and Michigan would be the teams to beat, if(big if) we had a playoff right now.

My prediction is LSU and OU are in.Strength of schedule is going to kill USC.

Geaux Vols!!!

Last edited:

Timr

Lifetime Sponsor
We need this kinda chaos to topple the BCS house of cards.  This is not a dig against OU, but you NEED to win your conference in order to contend for the National Title.  This same thing happened in '01 when Nebraska got stomped by Colorado, and didn't win the Big 12 but still played for the National Title. 

The analysts on ESPN are starting to think this way too.  Last night they said, LSU and USC are two teams that DID manage to win their conference with only 1 loss each.

Is it fair that OU's loss came at the end of the season instead of the begining?  NO!

Do we need a system where the two national title contenders are determined the the outcome of a game between Hawaii and Boise State?  NO!

Sorry OU.

I'm hearing OU and LSU .... the real *sorry* goes to USC it seems.
Besides, USC has one win less than LSU or OU. :p

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
despite its flaws, the bcs system is still better than no system. i want playoffs too.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
Playoffs in College foozball? ACK! I like the system the way it is. :cool:

It's official;

OU/LSU
USC/Michigan

The weak scheduale and loss to an un-ranked team, killed USC's chances I guess.
Play-off would be cool, how long have we been asking for them? A LONG time.

Timr

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by Okiewan
Besides, USC has one win less than LSU or OU. :p
True.  That's because they play in a conference that doesn't have a conf. championship game.  Did the Big 12 conference championship game hurt OU?  Yes, but I'm still for them.  I think all of the big conference should have them.  ACC will have on next, and the Big 10 (with 11 teams) and the PAC 10 won't be but a few years behind.  THEN, you can seed the 8 team playoff with the winners from those games and 2 at large bids.  Bingo, Playoff.  Just what we want.

Personally, I don't think USC's defense would match up with OU.  I don't think we'll have to worry about a split champsionship, AP with one team, and ESPN/Coaches with another after Michigan stomps USC.  But, that's why they play the games.  We'll see what happens.